About David Pugh
David Pugh – Age 33 – 11 Years Professional Design Experience
I am a commercial designer first and foremost, meaning I will take on any project and deliver a professional result that will stand up against the competition. I feel that thorough research and communication are absolutely vital in achieving this.
- 2007 – 2013 Freelance Designer based in East London. Specialised in web site layout design, company identity and promotional material for clients. Also managed larger projects requiring other freelancers in specialist fields where required. Recent clients include The Hilton, Jim Beam, Bubbas Restaurant, MTV and many more clients of varying sizes. In 2012 I worked very closely with an agency called Method UK, during my time here I developed designs for BBC Worldwide, Top Gear, Alan Partridge and other well known companies in various media.
- 2005 – 2007 Senior Designer at Progressive Resources LTD. A company based in Hampshire specialising in corporate events and team building for some of the world’s largest companies. I was responsible for the SEO of several web sites, design and maintenance of those sites, also the production of materials for events and graphics to pitch for large corporate events.
- 2003 – 2005 Graphic Designer for CLF. Working in the sports nutrition and health food industries, I designed printed advertising, packaging and web material for EAS, Gillian McKeith, MRM, Weider and many other leading brands in this market.
- 2007 Worked on a photography brief in Warsaw for Jim Beam, I worked with the photographs taken and produced a series of visuals for a final presentation.
- 2005 2 week work experience at LS in Groningen, The Netherlands. Helped on production of a series of print and web artifacts for the Noorderzon Festival.
Playing music has always been a great passion, I have been playing drums for a number of years and enjoy occasional musical collaborations and live performances. I love meeting new people and sharing experiences; travel, good food and comedy are also high on my personal list.