If you’re searching for, or have ever needed the expert services of a graphic designer, then you’ll appreciate just how much choice is out there, especially with the London graphic designer market. A sometimes baffling display of design agencies and freelance web designers are all vying for your attention, so how do you know which one is right for you?
Well a lot of research and detailed communication with the graphic designer will go a long way, as will evaluating previous work and choosing based on ideas and designs which really speak to you. But one of the most important decisions you will be faced with is whether you choose to work with a freelance web designer or a larger design agency.
As a freelance London graphic designer, I’d always advise working with a freelance specialist. But don’t just take my word for it. Research shows that more and more businesses are seeing the benefits of working with freelance professionals as an alternative to agencies, and not just in design, but also with writing, security and financial services.
Here are just some of the benefits to choosing a freelance web designer:
- Flexibility. Freelance web designers can offer far more flexibility than a large agency that will have many levels of management and development to work through. This means changes and updates to designs can be implemented more quickly, helping you keep up with the competition.
- Competitive pricing. With fewer overheads, a freelance web designer can almost always provide a more attractive quote.
- Integrity. Reputation and recommendation is vitally important to freelancers who will usually go the extra mile for the client.
- Personal service. Many customers fear contacting large design agencies. This is because they’re concerned about never being able to talk to the same person twice, or worried about being pressured into spending money on needless design features or accepting designs that they’re not completely happy with. Obviously this isn’t how all large design organisations work, but it’s easy to see why many clients feel this way. By working with a freelance web designer, you can be sure that they’ll always have time to talk directly with and readily welcome the input of the client. In fact, as a London graphic designer, it’s always important to meet local clients and ensure the highest standards of service and communication.
- Thorough aftercare. Continued support for updates, events, promotions and social media opportunities is a real priority for a freelance web designer, who is well placed to provide a high standard of aftercare.
- Excellent standard of work. This should go without saying, but freelance web designers will work to the same high standards that you would expect from any design professional. However, enjoying more freedom, they often exceed the output of more regulated design companies.
So whether you’re looking for a London graphic designer or web designer, reconsider the great service and creativity that a freelance professional can offer.